SealSales.com carry high quality market seals to suit all types and Gaskets Materials, like PTFE, Single Spring Seals, Bellows Seals,Stationary Seats,Cartridge Seals,Gauge Glass,O-Rings,PTFE and many more.
SealSales offers you exceptional quality and pricing on industrial mechanical
seals including: Pump packing, gaskets, Viton, o-rings, shaft seals, non-asbestos,
gasket material, PTFE, Grafoil ®, molded rubber, expansion joints, spiral
wound gaskets, and mechanical seals all available to order On-Line.
In today's industrial environment, the purpose and usage scenario of Mechanical Seal and accessories are growing. Environmental contamination has been a growing concern in the United States and Europe for decades, and in each of those decades the Environmental protection agency (EPA) has made the allowed leakage of environmental contaminants increasingly strict. Mechanical Seals have played a large part in reducing the emission once only slowed by braided packing which had to leak to function.
Mechanical Seals have become a standard for Refineries, Chemical plants, waste water plants, Ships, and other critical leakage control industries, as well as applications applicable to the everyday consumer including automobile water pumps, and swimming pool pumps. They offer exceptional leakage control, and have increasingly replaced braided packing. Usage of mechanical seals will only expand as environmental hazards in developing nations become larger issues and need to be addressed.
Mechanical Seals life spans vary according the demands of the applications. While a typical (current day) automotive mechanical seal will last 100,000 miles (over 8 years on average), a seal with the wrong seal face combination or secondary seal and fail in hours or even minutes. Common seal failure include:
1. Abrasives: Many applications can attack a seal by being abrasive thereby prematurely wearing the seal faces away.
2. Speed: By being to fast for the seal, causing excessive wear on the seal faces, as well as causing excessive heat which usually attacks (or melts) the secondary seals (often o-rings), permitting leakage through those passages being sealed
3. Chemical attack. If not selected properly, secondary seals such as o-rings, rubber boots, and rubber gaskets, can be attacked and eventually give way. Not only do the daily media being sealed must be concerned, but also any flush fluids used in keeping systems clean must be considered.
4. System Shock, water hammer, and vibration, can all have detrimental effects on seals, particularly seal faces, especially seal faces such as carbon (the most common) Silicon Carbide and Ceramic are all prone to cracking, fracturing and breakage when subjected to vibration (often caused by failing bearings), system shock and water hammer. The cause of the failure is often the least obvious and can appear to be the result of an inferior seal. The seal, will need to be adapted to withstand system shock, water hammer and vibration by utilizing "hard faces" such as Tungsten carbide.
A Mechanical Seal has 3 primary design characteristics
- Seal Faces - which are lapped flat to within 2 - 3 light bands. Making the seal face flat within millionths of an inch. Since both faces are lapped flat and then pressed together it effectively seals our any fluid (other than a very thin film) from leaking between them.
- An Energizer - It's done using a single spring, multiple springs, wave springs, metal bellows or even o-rings or internal pressure, but one of the above must be used to create a force pressing seal faces together preventing leakage from between the seal faces. Secondary Seals - While seal faces seal perpendicular to the shaft, secondary seals are necessary to seal parallel to the shaft. Those seals include rubber boots, common to industry standard type 1, 2, 21, 6 and 6A seals. O-Rings made of a variety of elastomers including Buna-N, Viton, Aflas, Kalrez, Chemrez, Amerirez, PTFE, SBR, Neoprene, and FEP encapsulated o-rings. Gaskets made or the same elastomers as above, along with Flexible Graphite, and Compressed non-asbestos materials. In the case of high temperature metal bellows seals Flexible Graphite wedges are used to seal the pump sleeve/shaft.
An Introduction of Mechanical Seal
When choosing an industry and manufacturer to supply the equipment, it is always wise to go for the one who has solid experience in the industry. With decades of experience, professionals can deliver both ready-made and custom made sealing solutions. Modern day mechanical seals are an integral part on all fluid pumps and are a viable alternative for lip seals as well as packed glands. In practical applications, using these seals has been proven to increase pump longevity and make them usable for extended periods of time. Based on the load the pump is expected to bear, the size of the seal and the overall design will vary from one product to another. Materials used to manufacture them will also be customized according to individual or industrial needs.
ASP Type 1
ASP Type 2
Latest Google News About Mechanical Seals
Pump Mechanical Seals and Tech Equipment Offered on Extensive Range at ... - SBWire (press release)
Pump Mechanical Seals and Tech Equipment Offered on Extensive Range at ...SBWire (press release)About West Coast Industrial Supplies West Coast Industrial Supplies are the Pump Mechanical Seals specialists in Australia. Supplying the Mining, Gas and Oil Industries with the latest technology, WCIS presents a range of top-grade equipment and services.
Worldwide Largest Agitator Seal Delivered to China - ThomasNet News (press release)
ThomasNet News (press release)Worldwide Largest Agitator Seal Delivered to ChinaThomasNet News (press release)The order received from SPX Flow Technology included 13 agitator seals and supply systems. The dimensions and weight of the 1,500 kg mechanical seal presented new challenges to the agitator OEM and the engineers in Assembly and Trials. The agitator ...
Flowserve to supply actuators for the Kaxu CSP plant in South Africa - CSP World
Flowserve to supply actuators for the Kaxu CSP plant in South AfricaCSP WorldThe contract also includes equipping the pumps with Flowserve mechanical seals. The Kaxu Solar One plant, owned by Abengoa and Industrial Development Corporation, was awarded in the first round of the renewable energy program launched by South ...
Chemical giant turns to DESMI for solution - World Pumps
Chemical giant turns to DESMI for solutionWorld PumpsPreviously pumps with mechanical seals were used, but which in practice were problematic, says mechanical maintenance engineer, René van de Vlugt. “In this case, when these pumps exhibit leakage, it is not a particularly big problem for the environment ...
The great shift - B92 (blog)
The great shiftB92 (blog)Nikola Tesla, inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, physicist and futurist ..... with multi-storey brick buildings, a grid system and underground sewers for towns; with temples and schools, the plough for farming, wheeled vehicles and the ...and more »
Vaughan Named Director of Engineering - Center of Excellence for Eaton's ... - HispanicBusiness.com
Vaughan Named Director of Engineering - Center of Excellence for Eaton's ...HispanicBusiness.comVaughan received a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering from the University of Colorado - Boulder , a master's degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Washington and an MBA from the University of Colorado - Denver . ... electric ...Eaton Corporation: Gross Named Director of Advanced Manufacturing ...The Wall Street Transcriptall 2 news articles »
Saint-Gobain Seals Group Develops Rulon E2 Exhaust Gas Recirculation ... - Azom.com
Saint-Gobain Seals Group Develops Rulon E2 Exhaust Gas Recirculation ...Azom.comPrimarily used in mechanical, electrical and chemical applications, Rulon® material withstands a variety of harsh environments such as extreme dryness, cryogenic temperatures, water, steam and hydrocarbon fuel. Rulon® bearings were recently selected ...
Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies revolutionizes automotive engine ...PR Newswire (press release)The basic idea behind Levitex comes from a Freudenberg corporate partner, Burgmann Automotive, the Bavarian equipment manufacturer who produces gas-lubricated mechanical seals for industrial applications, especially in turbines. The seals had a ...
USSaudiForum | Opportunities in the Oil and Gas Sectors - SUSRIS
USSaudiForum | Opportunities in the Oil and Gas SectorsSUSRISOur product portfolio includes highly engineered pumps, industrial pumps, mechanical seals, and a wide range of controlled, automated, and manual valves. We also have a complete portfolio of aftermarket service and support for all of our products, and ...and more »
Saint-Gobain's Rulon® E2 Material, a New Generation EGR Sealing Solution for ... - PR.com (press release)
Saint-Gobain's Rulon® E2 Material, a New Generation EGR Sealing Solution for ...PR.com (press release)Garden Grove, CA, December 07, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Saint-Gobain Seals Group develops a new generation, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) sealing solution, Rulon® E2, for the latest and future European engine emission control standards (Euro 6 & 7), which ...